Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Swinging Through Vinetown

As promised, I took my leave of Pitneybank in favor of greener pastures. The lazy DEM had been huddled together in Wyke Hills and the surrounding suburbs for some time while the rest of the town's streets ran red with blood. Alas, I didn't get very far before that pit of green turned red too. So I decided to hang out in Vinetown for a little while.

Caunt Street Police Dept. was ripe for the picking. However, kismet led me through Mitchem Mall. It was here that I found Rev Lightning.

Of course, I can't prove he was a zombie spy. But my sources are pretty reliable. And even if he isn't, well, you people should know how I feel about religion now.


Nobody expects the spanish inquisition. Of course, I didn't expect to find such fun in Vinetown either. I skipped over to the south western corner of Mitchem to reload and I witnessed a murder. Or rather, a bounty being served.

I was somewhat surprised to see that Froto was doing some bounty hunting in Mitchem Mall, since the badge he brandished read "Malton Civil Defence Unit." From what I know, and that isn't a whole lot, the MCDU don't serve bounties. The Marshals do all DEM's dirty work.

So I chilled a little while in the towers next door and later decided to help Froto climb up the ladder a bit.



No pain, no gain as they say.


He later came back for some vengence which he tried to pass off as collecting a bounty. The nerve. I've a clean slate thank you very much! Well, almost clean.

And so after a speedy revive, I was almost set to leave Vinetown. Except, I couldn't resist a peak at Caunt Street, just to see how the babies were doing. And I found it ruined. Not a breathing soul in site. I skipped over to the mall again because I wanted to thank the good people of Mitchem Mall for their kind hospitality.



I haven't the faintest idea why Mad Muchacho suddenly fell down dead at my feet. Honest.

Perhaps he was overcome with joy.

Anyhow, I had to depart rather hastily, and I headed back towards Hartleys PD. There I found the doors wide open with some seventeen zombies inside. They'd been munching on Fireman too. I healed him a little. After a little deliberation, and finding the zombies a little more frisky than they appeared, I decided to snatch one of the innocents from their claws.



Yes, the infection took it's toll. I passed out after managing to shout "Yoink" to the zombies who had been working Danvers over. In my sleep, I believe I heard fireman's voice, firing and running. The details are sketchy in my newly revived memory.

But a little while later I stood shakily and made my leave.



Ah. It's been quite a swell time. I died just as I wandered inside a hospital a day or two later. Stood up and Mrh?ed to no avail. And got snitched on after a revive and a little pay back in Lumber Mall. No kills, I was feeling generous. But Johny the Slayer had best watch himself from now on. Mercy is in short supply now a days.

No comments: