Saturday, February 23, 2008

Down the Beckoning Streets of Opportunity

Those of you who have been following this log will have noticed all the signs of itchy feet. I am easily enticed to seek out new places and to find new faces to shoot.

I began this mission with strict purpose to deter individuals from killing at revive points. I've still done quite a bit of that. But along the way, there have been quite a few chances I've been simply unable to pass up.

Yesterday one of those landed in my lap. I was sitting in an auto-repair shop in West Grayside, bored out of my mind and considering moving north again to see what fun could be found in Roftwood. After an eager and youthful scout popped in and informed us all that there was a "small horde" two blocks north eastish, I knew I couldn't stand to spend the night in this place, knowing that the young ones around would run away at the hint of danger or stay locked away, ignorant of the RRF and their brutal "no prisoners" methods. I decided to make a move north eastward when I stumbled upon an Auto repair shop that was barely barricaded. After little deliberation I decided that I would hang out for a while and watch the 'cades. See if they would come down at all. Hey, action is action.

So I nodded off. When I awoke, I found a zombie had broken in and infected me.



As I had expected, Bobnik was an RRF zombie. If you'll remember correctly, I offered my services to them over in Roftwood only to be taken to near death later on by the same organization. If this is an indication of how they treat their allies, one can only assume they dispatch with those that would oppose them with doubled hostility.

So, with little trepidation I killed Bobnik.



I felt worse for dumping him, knowing that he'd have to work through the barricades again to get a meal. On the bright side, he didn't get a headshot. So better me than that Unintelligent fellow. Although, that single action earned me a valuable new skill:



Poor Dr Occult didn't stand much of a chance faced against the RRF. His survival rate was less than zero now though.


I see it as a mercy killing. He copped a bullet before he could be shredded to pieces by the hungry hordes ready outside. I don't think he'll thank me for it though. Bob knows Samuel 034 didn't. Nor did Chrisman17. Come to think of it, no one has thanked me. What a bunch of ungrateful bastards. Someone should really teach them some manners...Oh wait...

So, I added two more individuals to the "ungrateful dead" list. Still nursing my infection and bleeding all over the place, I wandered off into the darkened streets in search of first aid.

I'm thinking Pimbank might be more fun the second...er...third? Time around. Especially now that I can diagnose the extent of an injury at a glance.

No comments: